Mold may grow almost everywhere, although it is most typically seen in bathrooms, kitchens, basements, cabinets, and near pipes or ducting. It simply requires a few components to develop and spread throughout your home, the most important of which is moisture.
Mold behind drywall is one of the most prevalent household issue locations because drywall, wood, and cotton are all excellent feeding sources. Ceiling mold is also quite frequent due to a lack of ventilation and moisture accumulation.
Mold will develop and spread if the temperature is correct, there is a moisture supply and adequate oxygen.
The following are the seven most typical causes of mold in your home:
Mold may be a concern if you reside in a region where humidity is constantly high. Because of the high moisture content in the air, this is only normal. This mold will most likely develop on walls, ceilings, dark closets, under the kitchen sink, and other surfaces.
Mold induced by humidity is widespread if you live near the ocean or a significant body of water, and a lack of ventilation can exacerbate it.
Moisture buildup in the air indoors may significantly boost mold growth, so ensure to ventilate your home properly, especially during the warmer months.
Leaking pipes in the home, whether from a kitchen or bathroom sink, toilet, or the roof, can cause moisture to seep into the wall and ceiling. Mold behind drywall can also signify a faulty or broken pipe.
Poor ventilation is the perfect environment for mold to grow and thrive. If you live in an area with cold winters and hot summers, you might need to consider investing in a dehumidifier.
A dehumidifier will not only remove moisture from the air but will also help with air circulation.
A dehumidifier will also ensure that humidity stays below a certain percentage, which will prevent mold from growing.
Any basement that does not receive proper airflow is a prime location for mold to grow. To get rid of mold in the basement, ventilation must be increased, and the mold must be removed.
An increase in ventilation to the basement will help dry it out and prevent future mold growth.
If the foundation of your house is unsealed, moisture can seep in and lead to the growth of mold. Mold on walls and ceilings in areas such as the bathroom, basement, and kitchen can signify that the foundation is not sealed correctly.
A leak in any part of the AC unit, including the condenser and evaporator coils, can cause moisture to form and prevent the AC from working correctly. If mold starts to grow on the coils, the air conditioner will not work as well. Mold behind drywall can also be a sign of a faulty unit.
Similar to a leaking AC unit, a leaking roof can cause moisture to get behind the walls, ceilings, and even into furniture. If your roof is leaking, it may be time to invest in a new roof or repair leaks.
Mold is a common problem for homeowners to have to deal with. It is crucial to correctly inspect for the source of the problem and have the mold removed, either by a professional or by yourself. It may be necessary to have the mold professionally tested to know if it is toxic or not.
If you see any signs of mold in your house, it’s vital to contact a Utah mold removal service right away. Our professionals here at AAA Restoration Utah can inspect and remediate your mold problems to their source and prevent future issues. Keep your family safe by reaching out to us today!