Remodeling UtahMarch 14, 2015
Floor Covering SalesMarch 14, 2015
Do you have a flooded basement?
Are you not sure which step to take next?
We understand that a disaster occurring in your home can be trying and very stressful. A flooded basement is a traumatic thing to come home to. We understand the emotions and stress that come along with a discovery like that so we have a few tips to try to minimize your stress during the initial discovery of a water damage.
- First make sure to turn off the water or determine the source of water. This will stop the water from continuing to flood your home. This will also prevent any further damage from occurring.
- Then, make sure to check if water is coming out from any light fixtures. If so immediately turn off your circuit breaker.
- Remove valuable or sentimental items from the affected areas. Almost all items can be saved if they are removed in a timely matter.
- Remain as calm as possible and call an experienced restoration company to come remove the water and begin the drying process.
- Contacting your insurance company to make a claim.
Keep in mind the sooner that you contact a restoration company to come fix the issue the less damage that will occur.
Unacknowledged water damages cause mold and serious issues to the building materials in your home.